Tuesday, December 20, 2016

video

I want a video camera that streams its output directly to a repository on the cloud.

Then I want to be able to edit the repository online.

Then I want to be able to publish my edited footage directly from the repository.

Btw, I am almost wholly unconcerned about "video quality". Btw I am somewhat concerned about storage requirements. (If data transfer and storage requirements seem modest I might choose to bump up the quality.) Btw my editing requirements are minimal / basic.

Btw, this is not for live broadcast purposes. (That's a separate issue - and not something I have definite plans for - that, granted, could be implemented on top of the infrastructure I want to acquire here.)

Btw I am quite concerned about minimizing the financial requirements.

Btw, when no Internet is available I would like the system to automatically store footage locally, and then I would like it to automatically upload that footage to the online repository when an Internet connection becomes available.


Cranky me, I'm unwilling to use YouTube because, at least for one thing, I have to complete several steps just to get my video onto the cloud. I have some other complaints. Of course I respect YouTube. Silly me, though, for the given (and not given) reasons, I am not using YouTube. (But, then, I'm not entirely being silly. As things stand, YouTube doesn't fulfill my specific requirements.)